REGARDING EXPLANATION OF INTERNATIONAL TERM ELEMENTS IN THE UZBEK DICTIONARIES
In this paper, the new, five-volume and six-volume explanatory dictionaries of the Uzbek language published in Uzbek Latin script have been shown to have a number of news and advantages. One of the most important and main innovations of these dictionaries is the provision of complete etymological information for words and terms that have entered the Uzbek language from foreign languages, and another is that in the following years, the so-called "international term elements" and actively participating in the creation of scientific and technical terms, such as aviation, auto It is noted that elements such as anti-, geo-, gidro-, makro-, mikro-, neo-, poli-, tele- are given in the form of separate dictionary articles. Also, it was emphasized that the main purpose of the explanatory dictionary is to reveal the separate components of the international terms that have been assimilated into the Uzbek language, that is, the meanings of the term elements, to show their word-making possibilities, to comment on the terms formed with their participation, and what aspects the authors pay attention to when solving these issues and creating dictionary articles are shown.
Keywords: term, explanatory dictionary, terminological dictionary, international term elements.
Alatorseva, S.I. K voprosu o leksikograficheskoy kodifikasii polisemii aktualnih prefiksoidov sovremennogo russkogo yazika // Slovarnie kategorii. Sbornik statey. -M., 1988. -S. 116-119.
Grigorev, V.P. Tak nazivaemie internasionalnie slova v sovremennom russkom yazike//Voprosi yazikoznaniya, 1953, №1.
Danilenko, V.P. Ob osobennostyah morfologicheskogo slovoobrazovaniya v yazike nauki// Russkiy yazik. Voprosi yego istorii i sovremennogo sostoyaniya. - M., 1978.
Madvaliev,A., Mahkamov,N., Mirahmedova,Z., Saidnomanov, A.Xalqaro terminelementlarning izohli-illyustrativ lug‘ati. – Toshkent: Donishmand ziyosi, 2020. – 280 bet.
Yushmanov, N.V. Elementi mejdunarodnoy terminologii. Slovar-spravochnik.–M.:Nauka, 1968.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Author(s)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
1. In consideration of the undertaking set out in paragraph 2, and upon acceptance by ANGLISTICUM for publication of the manuscript in the Journal, I/We hereby assign and transfer publication rights to ANGLISTICUM, whereas I/We retain the copyright for the manuscript. This assignment provides ANGLISTICUM the sole right and responsibility to publish the manuscript in its printed and online version, and/or in other media formats.
2. In consideration of this assignment, ANGLISTICUM hereby undertakes to prepare and publish the manuscript in the Journal, subject only to its right to refuse publication if there is a breach of the Author’s warranty in paragraph 4 or if there are other reasonable grounds.
3. Editors and the editorial board of ANGLISTICUM are empowered to make such editorial changes as may be necessary to make the Manuscript suitable for publication.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge that: (a) The manuscript submitted is an original work and that I/We participated in the work substantively and thus I/We hereby are prepared to take public responsibility for the work; (b) I/We hereby have seen and approved the manuscript as submitted and that the manuscript has not either been published, submitted or considered for publication elsewhere; (c) The text, illustration, and any other materials included in the manuscript do not infringe upon any existing copyright or other rights of anyone.
5. I/We hereby indemnify ANGLISTICUM and the respective Editors of the Journal as mentioned in paragraph 3, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occasioned by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright infringement, or any suit arising out of any breach of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of the manuscript.